"To every patient, every time, we will provide the care that we would want for our own loved ones."
The mission of GBMC is to provide medical care and service of the highest quality to each patient leading to health, healing and hope.
As our national healthcare system evolves, for GBMC to maintain its status as a provider of the highest quality medical care to our community, we must transform our philosophy and organizational structure, to develop a model system for delivering patient-centered care.
We define patient-centered care as care that manages the patient's health effectively and efficiently while respecting the perspective and experience of the patient and the patient's family. Continuity of care and ease of navigation through a full array of services is highly important to us. Our professional staff can say with confidence that the guidance and medical care they are providing mirrors what they would want for their own family.
We will create the organizational and economic infrastructure required to deliver evidence-based, patient-centered care and for holding ourselves accountable for that care. This will be defined by collaboration and improvement. Physicians lead teams that will manage patient care.
We are moving into the future with renewed energy and increasing insight. We look forward to building relationships with both community-based and employed physicians that will form the foundation of Greater Baltimore Health Alliance. We welcome all those who share our vision of health care as it is transformed to meet the needs of our community.
Vision Phrase: To every patient, every time, we will provide the care that we would want for our own loved ones.
GBMC has formalized a series of specific behaviors that support its Greater Values of Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork, Ethical Behavior and Results. The 12 Greater Behaviors are intended to serve as the foundation upon which GBMC creates and sustains a culture of Service Excellence.
- Respect: I will treat everyone with courtesy. I will foster a healing environment.
- Excellence: I will strive for superior performance in every aspect of my work. I will recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of others.
- Accountability: I will be professional in the way I act, look and speak. I will take ownership to solve problems.
- Teamwork: I will be engaged and collaborative. I will keep people informed.
- Ethical Behavior: I will always act with honesty and integrity. I will protect the patient.
- Results: I will set goals and measure outcomes that support organizational goals. I will give and accept help to achieve goals.
Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC), is a non-profit health care organization, licensed and accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation for Health Care Organizations (JCAHO).