Holyoke Medical Center originally opened its doors in 1893 as Holyoke City Hospital. Former Congressman and Mayor, William Whiting, led a group to make a non-sectarian Hospital in Holyoke a reality. In 1927 the name of the hospital was changed to Holyoke Hospital, to better clarify that the institution was not a municipality. The name was changed once more in 2003 to Holyoke Medical Center.
Our Mission at Holyoke Medical Center is to improve the health of all people in our community. We do that with honesty, respect and dignity for our patients, visitors and staff. We do that through expert and compassionate care, education and knowledge sharing, community partnerships, fostering innovation and growth and by inspiring hope in all we touch. We do that by being good stewards of our resources and providing efficient and cost effective care to all.
To be the Best Place for Care and the Best Place to Work.