Indiana University Health is the largest network of physicians in the state of Indiana. A unique partnership with Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation’s leading medical schools, gives patients access to leading-edge medicine and treatment options that are available first, and often only, at IU Health.
At IU Health you’ll receive the best care available, personalized for your specific needs. We believe in treating the whole person – not just the symptom – and ensuring that our approach is right for you and your lifestyle.
Based in Indianapolis, Indiana, with dozens of facilities statewide, IU Health is a regional leader in providing the right healthcare when and where you need it. Learn more about who we are, the care we provide and how we achieve our mission.
IU Health offers a full range of specialty servicesfor children and adults, including cancer, cardiovascular, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatrics and transplant services.
Access a broad network of board-certified family medicine physicians, internal medicine physicians and pediatricians throughout the state.
IU Health Physicians include more than 1,500 board-certified or board-eligible physicians, more than 200 locations statewide including more than 250 advanced practice providers.
Many of our clinical programs rank among the best in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report, and six hospitals are designated Magnet® hospital systems by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
As an academic health center, IU Health works in partnership with IU School of Medicineto train physicians, blending breakthrough research and high-quality patient care.
Each year, IU Health invests over $500 million in community benefit measures that serve more than one million Indiana residents.
We are guided by our mission to improve the health of our patients and community through innovation, and excellence in care, education, research and service. We value:
- Total patient care, including mind, body and spirit
- Excellence in education for health care providers
- Quality of care and respect for life
- Charity, equality and justice in health care
- Leadership in health promotion and wellness
- Excellence in research
- An internal community of mutual trust and respect
By the Numbers
- Admissions 115,354
- Outpatient Visits 2,789,047
- Available Beds 2,696
- Surgery Cases: 109,525
- Team Members: Nearly 30,000
Education and Research
- Total Grant Research Funding $321,898,388
- Total Residents and Fellows 1,176
- Total Research Studies 1,496
Community Investment and Outreach
- Total Community Benefit: More than $582 million
- Indiana Residents Served: More than 1 million