C++ Software Engineer
Job Posted: Monday, June 20, 2016
Expires On: Monday, October 31, 2016
Job Type: Permanent
Duration: 1+ years
Desired Experience: 3-5 years
Work Authorization: Resident/Citizen, Citizen
C++ Software Engineer
Corporate Headquarters -Houston, TX
Gene By Gene, LTD. is a CAP/CLIA certified, Houston based laboratory, providing genetic testing utilizing cutting edge technology. With services in a variety of different areas, including ancestry/genealogy,clinical gene sequencing, whole exome & genome sequencing, and consumer genetics, Gene By Gene has a rapidly growing product portfolio and market presence.
We are a hard-working self-starting group that prides itself in providing working solutions that promote sustainability, flexibility, and scalability to help the lab deliver results to our customers as efficiently as possible. It is an open environment for sharing ideas and solutions in this fast growing and innovative field.
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to join our team at Gene By Gene. As a Software Engineer, you will be an integral part in developing our systems by designing, developing, and supporting software solutions. A background in software development, genetics, and systems analysis will provide a strong basis for success.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage,and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, proposed solutions, and integrating existing solutions.
- Algorithm design, development, and optimization for analytical systems.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing/scientific equipment.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing,and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Experience with the following programming languages:
Competency in thefollowing technologies:
Linux, Bash, Git, SQL
Problem Solving, Teamwork, Analyzing Data, GeneralProgramming Skills, Software Design, Software Debugging, SoftwareDocumentation, Software Development Process, Agile SCRUM
Demonstrates strong attention to detail and accuracy.
A good understanding of genetics, big data, or genealogy will be a plus.