C# Software Engineer
Job Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016
Expires On: Thursday, December 22, 2016
Job Type: Permanent
Duration: 1+ years
Desired Experience: 3-5 years
Work Authorization: Resident/Citizen, Citizen
C# Software Engineer
Corporate Headquarters -Houston, TX
Gene By Gene, LTD. is a CAP/CLIA certified, Houston basedlaboratory, providing genetic testing utilizing cutting edge technology. Withservices in a variety of different areas, including ancestry/genealogy,clinical gene sequencing, whole exome & genome sequencing, and consumergenetics, Gene By Gene has a rapidly growing product portfolio and marketpresence.
We are a hard-working self-starting group that prides itselfin providing working solutions that promote sustainability, flexibility, andscalability to help business deliver results to our customers as efficiently aspossible. It is an open environment for sharing ideas and solutions in thisfast growing and innovative field.
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to joinour FTDNA team at Gene By Gene. As a Software Engineer, you will be an integralpart in developing our systems by designing, developing web pages for ourexternal users. A background in software development, creating responsive, functional,elegant, and clean software will provide a strong basis for success.
- Develops solutions by studying informationneeds; conferring with users; creates functional design for elegant datavisualization and data usage; investigating problem areas.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluatinganalysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, proposedsolutions, and integrating existing solutions.
- Solid understanding of system architecture, and UX/UI design with an emphasis on maximizing usability.
- Improves operations by conducting systemsanalysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studyingstate-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques.
- Protects operations by keeping informationconfidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing,and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organizationmission by completing related goals as needed.
Experience with the following programming languages:
C# (ASP.NET MVC, WebForms, Entity Framework, WebAPI), SQL, AngularJS
Competency in thefollowing technologies:
Problem Solving, Teamwork, General Programming Skills,Analyzing Data, Software Design, UI/UX Design, Software Debugging, SoftwareDevelopment Process, Software Requirements, Agile SCRUM
Demonstrates strong attention to detail and accuracy.
A good understanding of systems architecture and experiencecreating clean, functional interfaces are a plus.