- San Francisco, CA
Job Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018
Expires On: Saturday, September 08, 2018
Job Type: Permanent
Duration: 1+ years
Desired Experience: 6-10 years
Work Authorization: Resident/Citizen, Citizen
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the worlds creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Information Technology and Services team empowers people at Dropbox to do their best work. We're a motivated and creative team, and we thrive on helping people. Were dedicated to building scalable technology solutions that have broad impact for our growing teams around the world.
The Data Engineer is responsible for designing and developing robust, scalable solutions to ingest data into a cloud based data warehouse that supports the analytical and reporting needs of the various internal business organizations at Dropbox. This will be a hands-on technical role.
- Ability to understand the existing data ecosystem and leverage existing RESTful APIs to consume structured (MySQL) and unstructured (Key-Value) data sets
- Develop enterprise elastic/cloud data warehousing platform supporting the needs of critical BI reporting and analytical requirements
- Build data pipelines and own data quality for various data flows
- Launch and support new data models that provide intuitive analytics to internal customers
- Design and develop new framework and automation tools to enable teams to consume and understand data faster
- Use your expert coding skills across a number of languages like SQL, Python and Java to support analysts and data scientists
- Interface with internal data consumers to understand data needs
- Collaborate with multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution development end-to-end
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working in data warehousing, data architecture and/or data engineering environments at an enterprise scale
- 5+ years of SQL (MySQL, AWS Redshift, Hive, Snowflake etc) development experience is required, No-SQL experience is a major plus
- 3+ years of Python or Ruby programming experience is necessary
- 3+ years working experience on Map Reduce, Big-Data processing frameworks
- Strong experience in custom or structured (ie. Informatica/Talend/Pentaho) ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Experience implementing and working with workflow schedulers like Airflow, Luigi, Oozie etc.
- Strong experience writing complex SQL queries
- Experience implementing operational best practices such as monitoring, alerting, metadata management
- Nice to have AWS (EMR/Kinesis) experience on any size/scale
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).