Full Stack Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Job Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Expires On: Tuesday, September 11, 2018
Job Type: Permanent
Duration: 1+ years
Desired Experience: 6-10 years
Work Authorization: Resident/Citizen, Citizen, H1-B, EAD
Atrium is helping passionate entrepreneurs build break-though companies by providing them with great legal service and valuable insights from the data that is locked away in their corporate legal documents. We're doing this by building the first structured data platform for organizational data. We use modern techniques for extracting the data, modeling how best to store this information, and inventing new ways for lawyers and paralegals to interact with the resulting structured data to help advise clients.
Atrium LTS ("Legal Technology Services") technology provides a better experience for legal clients than they previously thought possible, increasing communication and speed of service.
Values of the Engineering A-Team:
- Product-minded - We work closely with our users (lawyers & clients) to understand their needs, so we can develop tools to make their jobs and lives easier.
- Ownership & Delivery - We work in small cross-functional teams, making a large impact on the products we create from idea to launch.
- Iterate quickly - We have a bias to build MVPs and collect direct feedback from the users of our software for faster iteration.
As a mid-level Software Engineer - Full Stack, you will have a unique opportunity to build tools and contribute to products that our lawyers and their clients will use on a daily basis. To do this, you will work with product managers, lawyers, experienced engineers, and our CTO and CEO.
Your work will be highly impactful by helping to automate thousands of hours of legal work. Small tools and new features may be implemented in a matter of a day, and fast iteration is ideal to make the tools more useful and efficient. We are a fast-growing company with significant opportunities to improve on and develop new skills across the company, tech stack, and from senior engineers.
- Work closely with attorneys and paralegals to learn their workflows and define features to build the software they use in their practice, every day
- Build internal and client-facing workflow tools from backend to frontend, including some data extraction
- Build and use internal services and APIs that our products depend on
- Integrate with existing legal technology products that we and others have developed
- Collaborate with other top engineers and get mentorship from those with more experience
- Experience developing against SQL databases (we use Postgres)
- Solid understanding of web fundamentals like HTTP, HTML, CSS, caching, DNS in production environments
- Prior experience consuming APIs; bonus if youve built your own
- Excellent English communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team
- Enthusiasm for developing beautiful customer-facing workflow tools or dashboards, a plus!
- Passion for contributing to a strong engineering culture