IT Service Administrator
IBM Lotus Notes
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Job Posted: Friday, June 10, 2016
Expires On: Wednesday, August 31, 2016
Job Type: Contract
Desired Experience: 6-10 years
Work Authorization: Resident/Citizen, Citizen
IT Service Administrator
Global company is looking for a well-rounded IT Support Administrator / Analyst to work in their Northeast Houston office within the distributed Service unit, providing efficient and effective service and support to all business units of the enterprise. Acting as an interface between IT and internal customers / external suppliers, especially the external Service Desk provider, in order to facilitate a single point of contact to reduce burden on global applications and infrastructure resources. Ensure smooth operations of products and services provided by Information Technology.
The ideal candidate will be a very well-rounded IT support professional with additional networking and server hardware knowledge, as well as Windows 7, IBM (Lotus) Notes / Domino, wireless devices (Samsung Android, Blackberry’s, iPads), printers / plotters, Microsoft Office suite, software deployment, etc. This person needs to be very polished and refined more so than your average desktop support technician as he / she will be interacting with C - level and Executive staff in our corporate office. A very high-level of professionalism is a must. Also the individual should be able to work comfortably in a fast paced environment while maintaining a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / KEY TASKS
• Day to day operation of Service Desk / Administrator function including direct call handling, Incident Management, Access Management, Event Management, Problem Management & Request Fulfilment.
• Delivery of first and second level support to internal and external customers; proactive monitoring, prioritization, categorization, documentation, processing and distribution of all incoming requests filtered by criticality and business impact.
• Creation of training material, standard operating procedures and manuals; documentation of records for recurring errors and relevant instructions for problem resolution within the Knowledge Base.
• Ensure compliance, protect and contribute to further development of corporate standards, best practices and procedures.
• Installation, deployment and maintenance of global end user computing environment including services, software and hardware components (peripherals, software, printers, telephones, faxes, scanners, etc.).
• Execution of day-to-day IT operational and data center related tasks; end-to-end monitoring of Information Technology systems, components and services; escalation of performance deviations.
• Contribution to regional and global IT initiatives and projects as required by IT and business; especially to support subject matter experts in the area of data center and network services.
• Regular onsite visits and travel to locations within the Americas region on an as needed basis
• Will regularly interface / work directly with internal customers, IT stakeholders & colleagues, external partners and suppliers
• Will work collaboratively with the global IT Service and Infrastructure group to deliver state-of-the-art service and support throughout the organization under direction of the IT Director for the Americas Region
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• 8+ years working experience in Service & Support functions of Information Technology
• Foundation certification in ITIL and comprehensive understanding of IT Service Management best practices, processes and functions
• Additional vendor certifications from cornerstone vendors such as Microsoft (MCP), IBM (Notes / Domino) and Cisco (CCNA) desired
• Experience in working within a global context
• Strong customer service orientation
• Sharp mind-set and capability for analysis and judgment
• Knowledge of LAN, WAN, networking, and voice-over-IP fundamentals
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft desktop and server product portfolio
• Experience with IBM Notes / Domino 8.x / 9
• Knowledge of mobile devices (Android, Apple iOS)
• Hands-on experience with video conference equipment
• Portuguese / Brazilian language skills a plus
• Capability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment with competing requirements
• Excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills
• Ability to work in a team
• High level of due diligence, energy, commitment and intelligence
• Flexibility essential with requirement for working in out-of-hours on occasion, often at short notice
• Excellent oral and written language skills
• Excellent problem solving skills