Lead QA Engineer
Job Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Expires On: Monday, March 06, 2017
Job Type: Permanent
Duration: 1+ years
Desired Experience: 6-10 years
Work Authorization: Resident/Citizen, Citizen, EAD
CoStar is the owner of Lands of America and Land and Farm and is the leading operator of online marketplaces that support the sale and purchase of farms, ranches, country homes, and rural land. Our customers include real-estate brokers, real-estate agents, owners, and investors who need internet listing services and information to help them sell/purchase properties and track competitive trends.
CoStar is currently seeking a full-time Lead QA Engineer in our Austin offices where you will be responsible for designing, developing and executing high performance QA testing that will drive the growth of our Land business unit and ensure the highest quality software delivery possible. In this role you will use C#, TFS, network diagnostic tools, TestComplete or Selenium to design and develop manual and automated tests in order to debug and validate web APIs and applications, software tools, and utilities; help transition from current systems to new large scale automated testing systems that are aligned with CoStar’s software engineering policies, standards and procedures. This is a great position for a self-motivated “out of the box” thinker.
- Analyze technical requirements and utilize C# and TestComplete or Selenium in order to generate and execute manual and automated tests.
- Work with and mentor junior QA Engineers to make sure they are developing tests to standards.
- Apply sound quality management methods, tools and techniques to create and support defect-free application software that meets the needs of the organization.
- Lead in-house training sessions for other QA Engineers and developers to ensure that all team members are working together to ensure high quality product.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years of QA experience
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or assistance to complete tasks.
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of C#
- Demonstrated knowledge of TestComplete or Selenium
- Demonstrated knowledge of T-SQL for data QA
- Demonstrated knowledge of HTML/DOM/CSS
- Demonstrated good working knowledge of Web services and network diagnostic tools (i.e. Fiddler, Charles)
- Software testing (Unit, System, Integration, Functional, Performance).
- Adaptability/Stress tolerance.
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas within and across teams.
- Ability to work well with other developers and management.
- Ability to juggle priorities
- Awareness of emerging technologies.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
So why work for CoStar?
Our culture of innovation and excellence attracts and encourages the best and brightest in a broad range of disciplines, which makes CoStar a fun and supportive place to work. CoStar’s benefits plan ranked among the top 10% of employers nationwide. Besides generous pay and performance-based incentives, the company also provides a 401(k) with company match. We support our employees’ professional and academic growth with internal training and tuition reimbursement.
With a state of the art in-house gym and healthy snacks in every kitchen, we were recently recognized by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence with their Seal of Workplace Excellence and their Health & Wellness Trailblazers award. Our 10-point commuter assistance program, which resulted in traveling 4.8 million fewer vehicle miles and saving 242,000 gallons of gasoline per year, also recently won the Commuter Connections Incentive Award!
At CoStar we believe in working hard and playing hard. While we take our work seriously, we make plenty of time for fun. Join the team and check out our fleet of loaner bicycles and Segways to take a break. Give back to the community and participate in the CoStar Builds service program. Restore and rejuvenate with onsite yoga classes or in our state of the art gym.