Lead Software Engineer, Android
- San Francisco, CA
Job Posted: Friday, May 11, 2018
Expires On: Monday, September 24, 2018
Job Type: Permanent
Duration: 1+ years
Desired Experience: 3-5 years
Work Authorization: Resident/Citizen, Citizen, H1-B
MyFitnessPal, part of Under Armour Connected Fitness, is looking for a Lead Android developer to help us improve and grow our top ranked nutrition and fitness app thats helping our 130 million users reach their health goals.
We're a small team and youll get to focus on big, meaningful technical challenges. Were looking for someone who will make an outsized impact. You should be interested in taking on as much responsibility as possible and be able to handle tasks independently. We want someone whos a great collaborator and will enjoy working with the team as we push the app in new and exciting directions.
At MyFitnessPal, you will...
- Build Android experiences phones, tablets, and any other device running Android.
- Work closely with other engineers within your group and across the entire engineering organization.
- Collaborate with the Product, Design, and QA teams during feature development
- Rapidly iterate on product and platform features.
- Lead integration discussions with internal and external partners
- Coach team members to help grow engineering talent
- Provide thought leadership on industry best practices around design, testing, and security
We are looking for someone that...
- Has a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Has an understanding of good software development practices/patterns/architecture, including unit testing and integration testing
- Has high proficiency in Java and deep understanding of the Android platform
- Understands and utilizes Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Enjoys the challenge of building a highly scalable, performant consumer mobile applications
- Ideally, is familiar with multiple mobile platforms
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Writes clean, elegant, readable, testable, and well-documented code
- An awareness of privacy and security by design principles is a plus