Machine Learning Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Job Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2018
Expires On: Tuesday, September 04, 2018
Job Type: Permanent
Duration: 1+ years
Desired Experience: 3-5 years
Work Authorization: Resident/Citizen, Citizen, H1-B
Atrium is a data-driven law firm designed to make access to corporate legal services transparent and price-predictable for everyone. We're doing this by building the first structured data platform for organizational data. We use modern techniques for extracting data that is locked away in legal documents, modeling how best to store this information, and inventing new ways for lawyers and paralegals to interact with the resulting structured data to help advise clients.
Atrium LTS ("Legal Technology Services") technology provides a better experience for legal clients than they previously thought possible, increasing communication and speed of service.
Values of the Engineering A-Team:
- Product-minded: We work closely with our users (lawyers and clients) to understand their needs, so we can develop tools to make their jobs and lives easier.
- Ownership & Delivery: We work in small cross-functional teams, making a large impact on the products we create from idea to launch.
- Iterate quickly: We have a bias to build MVPs and collect direct feedback from the users of our software for faster iteration.
What you'll get to do:
- Build systems that improve efficiencies of lawyers and paralegals and write code that improves our data pipeline and experiences for customers
- Implement and iterate on machine learning models
- Implement the service/API that will serve results for using the machine learning model
- Extract data from a database to prepare it for use with those models
- Select the right tools for solving these kinds of problems, quickly experiment with approaches to find workable solutions, and implement those solutions as web services we can use.
Skills you'll need to have:
- Computer Science, Mathematics, or related degree
- 3-4+ years software engineering experience
- 2 years of applying machine learning and/or NLP techniques to solve real business problems
- Experience building and deploying machine learning models to production
- High proficiency in Python and ability to deploy API-based services to a cloud provider
- Proficiency in querying databases using SQL
- Independent, problem-solving skills to work autonomously but also as a team player
- Other key attributes: great listener, adaptable, continuous learner!
Experienced candidates seeking a "Tech Lead" role, let's talk! You should be able to demonstrate technical leadership and have a track record of deploying machine learning systems in an environment at scale.