Senior Software Engineer - In Test
Job Posted: Friday, May 18, 2018
Expires On: Monday, October 15, 2018
Job Type: Permanent
Duration: 1+ years
Desired Experience: 6-10 years
Work Authorization: Citizen
Todays Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) solutions are expensive, high-maintenance, skill-intensive, and difficult to reproduce and mass distribute. Such solutions are also extremely specialized in their applications and functions, and rely on maintenance by a select few developers. AI is currently inaccessible to those who would benefit from it the most. Petuum's mission is to virtualize and standardize AI and ML programming and computing, and transform it into a simple-to-use, transparent, repeatable, and everyday tool for all enterprises.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Test to build testing framework and automation tests that validate distributed AI computation in distributed and large scale environment. You will work with a team of world-class engineers and scientists who are experts in large-scale AI in an agile environment.
- Build enterprise software product with high quality that we can be proud of.
- Build test automation infrastructure and test libraries to automate testing end to end from deployment, test execution, and reporting testing result.
- Design test plan and execute testcases to validate product functionality and be gatekeeper for each release.
- Participate in entire product development cycle from design, implementation till testing & release phase. Collaborate with engineering and data scientist team to deeply understand product design and participate in discussion.
- Responsible for product performance and scalability measurement and validation.
- Lead the adoption of tooling and industry best practices and outreach to help our development teams level up.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent practical work experience.
- 5+ years of experience working in software testing including development and test automation experience.
- Coding experience in Java, C/C++ or Python.
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux and container environments, and experience working with AWS or another cloud provider.
- Experience with using or administration of highly-available and distributed software.
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have API and system level functional testing experience. Frontend testing and automation experience is preferred but not required.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives.
- Excellent communication skill.