Senior Software Engineer, Ads
Job Posted: Monday, May 01, 2017
Expires On: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Job Type: Permanent
Duration: 1+ years
Desired Experience: 6-10 years
Work Authorization: Resident/Citizen, Citizen, H1-B
Imgur was founded in 2009 as a simple image hosting platform and over the past seven years has evolved into the worlds largest image sharing community. We have grown from having 46,000 page views per month in February 2009 to over seven billion page views per month in February 2016 (with 900 billion images viewed in 2016 alone). We are now a top-15 visited site in the United States and our opportunity for future growth is massive. We are looking to add a talented engineering tech lead to our smart, fun, quirky culture who will be focused on building a native monetization platform.
Imgur is positivity at scale.
Our vision is to lift the worlds spirits for a few moments every day. We accomplish this by surfacing the worlds most entertaining content. With every submission having the potential to go viral, our highly-engaged community is integrally important to our product and we want to ensure we continually delight and surprise our users.
You are a senior level full-stack software engineer who has significant front end experience. You are passionate about your work and excited about working on products that millions of users will see. You enjoy being involved in the conversation around technology and ad product decisions and arent afraid to voice your opinions to help improve the product.
- Maintain and enhance our existing monetization products which include our unique native promoted posts, programmatic ads on our web
- Integrating third party APIs such as Googles DoubleClick For Publishers (DFP) and Adzerk to build out our future self-serve advertising products
- Architect and build a server side bidding solution using a language of your choice
- This is your playground to innovate and experiment with different monetization strategies within an environment that values creativity and speed.
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working on ad-tech architecture and ad products
- Experience building realtime scalable systems (redis, memcache, websockets)
- Prior experience with integrating ad networks is a HUGE plus
- Experience building and deploying quality code to monetize products. You will deploy our ads with confidence!
- Experience with Agile methodologies and automated testing
- Competitive salary, fully covered medical/dental/vision
- 401k matching
- 25 days of PTO per year
- Gym stipend
- Passion fund - $500 a year towards your favorite passion or something youve always wanted to try
- Commuter/parking benefits
- Opportunity to work on the worlds largest image sharing community!
Above all: As we grow, so will you. Interested? Click apply and lets begin the journey together. Note: if you don't meet these requirements we are still open to hearing from you.