Senior Software Engineer
- Morrisville, NC
Job Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2017
Expires On: Tuesday, November 07, 2017
Job Type: Permanent
Duration: 1+ years
Desired Experience: 6-10 years
Work Authorization: Resident/Citizen, Citizen
At Tanium, were building next generation enterprise software products in the security and systems management spaces. Our Tanium Endpoint Platform allows us to scale to the largest of enterprises while still maintaining true, real-time visibility and control over endpoints.
As a Tanium Senior Software Engineer, you will be tasked with building and maintaining best-of-breed products as part of a small and highly agile development team. Tanium focuses on a strong customer engagement model and feedback process to ensure our products are designed the right way from the beginning. When new products ideas are identified, our software engineers are responsible for designing, developing and testing the products from the ground up, while continuously iterating with product management and customers for feedback and input.
Required - The ideal candidate is:
- An experienced software engineer with a proven track record of designing and building commercial software products in an Agile environment
- Collaborative and enjoys working in a tight-knit, team-oriented group
- Detail-oriented and passionate for creating an awesome user experience
- Deliberate and demonstrates sound judgment for balancing between rapid development and long-term code maintainability and supportability
- Knowledgeable of current web development technologies
Desired The ideal candidate:
- Believes in the power of test driven development and the need for writing automated tests as part of development
- Skilled debugger who can put out fires under pressure when things go wrong in production environments
- Has knowledge of a variety of modern software frameworks (server side & browser side) and the versatility to work with them all
- Experience with AngularJS, Bootstrap, jQuery
- Experience with Node.js, WebSockets, REST API design & development
- Experience with modern SW Engineering development and automation tools like Git, Jenkins, Grunt, WebStorm, JIRA, etc.
Tanium was founded in 2007 by a team with extensive experience in security and systems management. With this deep knowledge, Tanium invented a fundamentally new approach to security and systems management, delivering instantaneous visibility and control over geographically dispersed systems at enterprise scale. Today, the worlds largest enterprises and government organizations rely on Tanium to secure, control and manage hundreds of thousands of endpoints across the enterprise within seconds. We are looking for rock stars to join the Tanium team and help us continue on our path of unprecedented growth. If you are looking to join a fast-growing software company, you are prepared to work hard, and you want to make a real impact on the company and the industry, this is the company for you.