Senior Software Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Apache Spark/Big Data
Job Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018
Expires On: Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Job Type: Permanent
Duration: 1+ years
Desired Experience: 6-10 years
Work Authorization: Resident/Citizen, Citizen, H1-B, EAD
Senior Software Engineers (Senior ICs, Tech Leads)
LiveRamp is hiring highly capable individual contributors and/or technical leads with experience in frontend, backend, infrastructure, fullstack, or data engineering.
LiveRamps mission is to connect all the worlds data and make it useful. As a Senior Software Engineer you will bring this vision to life by building systems that collect, process, and distribute enormous quantities of data.
On the engineering team at LiveRamp, our goal, first and foremost, is to build the best product we can. We have high standards and we need senior engineers who will embrace and introduce technology innovations to keep LiveRamp on the cutting edge of industry tools and best practices.
We value ownership and individual contribution within a collaborative environment. You will push your teammates to become stronger engineers and they will do the same for you. Be ready to leave your ego at the door, roll up your sleeves and start solving huge challenges as soon as you begin. You are smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working, and productive.
What you could work on:
- Introduce new and important technologies like Hive, Orc, or Spark into our tech stack;
- Discover new ways to leverage 70+ petabytes of data and 100 billion requests per month at lightning speeds;
- Design and implement algorithms to efficiently process, analyze, and serve massive datasets on our 2400+ node Hadoop cluster;
- Create beautiful, intuitive, powerful human interfaces to LiveRamps services for all LiveRamp customers;
- Scale our internal architecture through servicization and containerization of core systems;
- Destroy complexity and simplify our product through creation of internal and external APIs;
- Create tools for managing our massive hardware resources; fight to make our server:sysadmin ratio ridiculously high;
- Build our new cloud platform on AWS and migrate our data tier from our co-located infrastructure.
We are looking for candidates to demonstrate some or all of the following:
- Have 5+ years of experience writing and deploying production code.
- Extensive experience with scaling distributed systems of massive size.
- Understand Linux to a degree where youd be comfortable admining a fleet of boxes.
- Able to decompose business requirements into a set of RESTful resources.
- Experience with the full stack, from the database to CSS.
- Very proficient in at least one compiled, one interpreted language and one web framework.
- Able to ballpark the computational complexity of a snippet of code.
- Able to both identify and implement a practical test suite.
- Are a strong mentor that sets best practices through code reviews and pair programming.
- Great diagnostic and debugging sense, the ability to find a needle in a haystack (or a bug in a program stack.)
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Competitive Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401K Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals & stocked kitchen
- Events including games nights, happy hours, camping trips and sporting leagues
Interesting in a more specific opportunity? Check out our other postings here:
More about us:
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the worlds largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.