Software Engineering Manager
Job Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2018
Expires On: Thursday, July 26, 2018
Job Type: Permanent
Duration: 1+ years
Desired Experience: 6-10 years
Work Authorization: Resident/Citizen
A line of code can be many things - an amazing feature, a beautiful UI, a transformative algorithm. The faster this line of code reaches millions of users, the sooner it impacts their lives. As a Software Engineer Manager, Tools and Infrastructure, you will be at the heart of Googles engineering process building software that empowers engineering teams to develop and deliver high quality products quickly. We are focused on solving the hardest, most interesting challenges of developing software at scale without sacrificing stability, quality, velocity or code health.
We ensure Google's success by partnering with engineering teams and developing scalable tools and infrastructure that help engineers develop, test, debug and release software quickly. We impact thousands of Googlers and billions of users by increasing the pace of product development and ensuring our products are thoroughly tested. We are champions for code health, testability, maintainability and best practices for development and testing.
Having access to all of Google's platforms and vast compute resources provides a unique opportunity to grow as an leader. We typically work in small, nimble teams that collaborate on common problems across products and focus areas. As a result, the exposure to this broad set of problems provides diverse technical challenges as well as accelerated career growth as a Manager.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Lead a team of Tools, Infrastructure, Test and Release Engineers focused on improving developer velocity, scalability and testability of the Googles diverse project areas and platforms.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure.
- Create the next generation developer tooling and infrastructure for Google, focusing on productivity, testing and release.
- Define the team strategy and roadmap for the adoption of developer tools and test infrastructure for one or more products.
- Collaborate with leadership and key stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- Programming experience in one of the following: Java, C++ or Python.
- Experience with developing automated internal frameworks, increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health and building developer tools.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related degree.
- 10 years of relevant industry experience, with 5 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- Experience in the design, implementation and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure.
At Google, we dont just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.