Sr. Ruby Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Ruby on Rails
Job Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Expires On: Thursday, June 15, 2017
Job Type: Permanent
Duration: 1+ years
Desired Experience: 3-5 years
Work Authorization: Resident/Citizen, Citizen
UpMetrics is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to lead the design and development of our back end software architecture.
What we do:
UpMetrics empowers youth and community organizations through data, offering actionable insights that make programs sustainable. In addition to resources for communication and roster management, after school and co curricular teams and groups were in need of program data and engagement metrics to help show their value in an increasingly data-driven grant-funding marketplace.
Why we need your help:
UpMetrics is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to lead the design and development of our back end software architecture. UpMetrics provides the best tools and services for activity programs to analyze, interpret and use their data to expand their services, make better decisions and increase funding opportunities.
If you're passionate about building great products and have an interest in joining an exciting, funded start-up in the world of education, data and metrics, we want to hear from you!
· Design and codeREST-based JSON API layer to service web and mobile clients
· Implement new features and application workflows, both external and internal-facing
· Work on integration with 3rd-party provider APIs for both transactional and warehouse back end architectures
· Investigate improvements to our data model for scalability
· Write well-tested and documented code
· Work in a small and fast paced agile team to deliver high quality software
What we are looking for:
· 4 or more years of experience with Ruby on Rails, including working with interactors, workers,policies and libs
· Experience designing and building APIs using RESTful interfaces and SOAP
· Deep knowledge of and experience with data architecture, including SQL/RDBMS, MySQL and non-SQL data stores such as Redis
· Unit testing experience,and a commitment to developing high-quality code
· Knowledge of Git,Github, and team-based development using branching and pull requests
· Experience working in AWS architecture and services, including EC2, RDS and S3
· Working knowledge of NewRelic, Vagrant, RSpec and Travis are a plus