Sr. Ruby Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Ruby on Rails
Job Posted: Monday, May 15, 2017
Expires On: Wednesday, June 14, 2017
Job Type: Permanent
Duration: 1+ years
Desired Experience: 3-5 years
Work Authorization: Resident/Citizen, Citizen
UpMetrics is looking for a talented Senior SoftwareEngineer to lead the design and development of our back end softwarearchitecture.
What we do:
UpMetrics empowers youth and community organizationsthrough data, offering actionable insights that make programs sustainable. Inaddition to resources for communication and roster management, afterschool andcocurricular teams and groups were in need of program data and engagementmetrics to help show their value in an increasingly data-driven grant-fundingmarketplace.
Why we need your help:
UpMetrics islooking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to lead the design anddevelopment of our back end software architecture. UpMetrics provides the besttools and services for activity programs to analyze, interpret and use theirdata to expand their services, make better decisions and increase fundingopportunities.
If youre passionate about building great products andhave an interest in joining an exciting, funded start-up in the world ofeducation, data and metrics, we want to hear from you!
· Design and codeREST-based JSON API layer to service web and mobile clients
· Implement new featuresand application workflows, both external and internal-facing
· Work on integration with3rd-party provider APIs for both transactional and warehouse back endarchitectures
· Investigate improvementsto our data model for scalability
· Write well-tested anddocumented code
· Work in a small and fastpaced agile team to deliver high quality software
What we are looking for:
· 4 or more years ofexperience with Ruby on Rails, including working with interactors, workers,policies and libs
· Experience designing andbuilding APIs using RESTful interfaces and SOAP
· Deep knowledge of andexperience with data architecture, including SQL/RDBMS, MySQL and non-SQL datastores such as Redis
· Unit testing experience,and a commitment to developing high-quality code
· Knowledge of Git,Github, and team-based development using branching and pull requests
· Experience working inAWS architecture and services, including EC2, RDS and S3
· Working knowledge of NewRelic, Vagrant, RSpec and Travis are a plus