Sr. Software Engineer, Full Stack,
- Redwood City, CA
Job Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018
Expires On: Friday, October 19, 2018
Job Type: Permanent
Duration: 1+ years
Desired Experience: 6-10 years
Work Authorization: Resident/Citizen, Citizen, H1-B, EAD
At Box we believe collaboration is key to achieving business goals, and that is why we invest heavily in Box Notes. Box Notes is a collaborative business note-taking tool that makes it easy for our 54 million+ users to create and collaborate on content in real-time. Our mission is to build the worlds best business collaborative note-taking product.
What kind of projects and challenges Box Notes engineers work on
- Box Notes team recently launched a whole new way of collaborating with your team by launching Inbox, Differences, Presence and Templates. Exciting part is that these features were innovations from past Hackathons from the engineers on the team!
- Scaling our backend infrastructure to support complex realtime features on Box Notes. Examples include rethinking high availability of the system, moving to containerized backend components and working on reliability of the system as we work fanatically to grow our user base
- Implementing cross-platform relevant notifications for Box Notes users to enable the best collaborative experience
Why the team needs you
We're working on complex new realtime features to enhance productivity for our users; this brings with it challenges around application scale and performance. We need someone passionate who has domain expertise to help us scale our tech foundation and frontend frameworks. We're constantly looking to learn new standard methodologies around building performant applications for complex use cases like realtime note taking at scale. The Box Notes team encourages a creative and collaborative work environment within the team. If that appeals to you, we need you!
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work and collaborate together. Box Notes is at the forefront of this effort. That's where you come in.
Why you need Box
You will have the opportunity to work in a rapidly changing environment and iterating on the product while at the same time scaling the foundation to support it. You will get to work with cutting-edge technologies (React, ES6+, Node.js etc) that are defining the future of performant web applications. You will also have exposure to senior leadership including our CEO on a regular basis, and get to learn from them as we iterate on the product. Box Notes team is structured like a startup inside Box where we own our entire stack including our deployments and our own product & design team. This means that you will partner with product and the design team while iterating rapidly to deliver the most viral and engaging product by making data-informed decisions.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience
- You are passionate about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You are able to inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching junior engineers
- And more importantly you like to be in a fun tight-knit team! https://twitter.com/swaroopbutala/status/950965608950071296 https://www.instagram.com/p/BZEyC_glPv6/?taken-by=box