Chief Operations Officer @ (HIDDEN)
September 02, 2009 - May 31, 2014
PMA is a specialty group that has been serving the Sacramento CA area since 1973. With approximately 30 Providers in 3 clinic locations and numerous area hospitals, PMA specializes in critical care medicine, pulmonary medicine, allergy, immunology, infectious diseases, palliative care, sleep medicine and hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
Provide leadership, direction, and administration of all aspects of practice operations activities to accomplish the
practice mission and strategic plan. Oversee the business affairs and financial management of the Practice,
ensuring timely budgeting and financial reporting. Delegate authority and responsibility. Take corrective action as
necessary to ensure behavior and activity is consistent with the mission and strategies of the practice. Risk
management, both clinical (for midlevel providers) and administrative. Assure adequate internal controls to
minimize risk. Assure compliance with all regulatory agencies. Represent Practice in its relationships with other
group practices, hospitals, payers, vendors, and other health-care related organizations and governmental
agencies. Work effectively with consultants, including marketing and business consultants.
* Developed management and staff structure for approximately 35 physicians and midlevel providers.
* Collaborated with six-member Board of Directors in establishing strategic direction in response to changing
environment and community needs, including recommending, developing and updating strategic plans.
* Implemented tactics, actions and activities to fulfill the group's strategic plans, keeping the Board informed of
* Recommended policy positions to the Board regarding clinical and administrative issues.
* Enhanced operational efficiency and clinical effectiveness, including financial performance, using project
teams and Lean methodology.
Skill Strengths (Breakdown in Percentages)
Pulmonary and Critical Care (100%)