Job Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2015
Expires On: Saturday, January 31, 2015
Job Type: Permanent
Highly successful IT professional with history of leading enterprise-level solutions for high availability environments.
• Over 20 years working in technology including 12 years of management.
• Experienced in maturing IT organizations by establishing Engineering Principles, defining Standard Products & Services and developing Roadmaps, resulting in significantly reduced incidents & outages, higher business satisfaction with IT and more motivated employees with higher retention.
• ITIL v3 Foundation certified with four years experience assisting National Operations in adopting and implementing ITIL best practices, improving group's business value, flexibility and responsiveness.
• Instrumental change agent in leading nationwide restructuring of IT engineering; championed focus on technology synergies with team member skills to optimize resource utilization.
• Successfully managed $20 million budget within 1% of forecast through careful resource management and held direct responsibility for 5 managers and indirect responsibility for 50 enterprise architects and engineers.
• Achieved significant improvements to system uptime, including turn-around of fragile yet mission-critical Citrix environment to achieve 99.99% availability; supported 40% growth (delivering Epic Systems' Electronic Medical Records [EMR] to 73,000 concurrent users daily) while realizing 47% reduction in downtime.
• Subject matter expert on electronic health record (EHR) medical monitor integration, end-user device deployments, and micro-font prescription printing.
• Devised and implemented Utility Computing models for Database and Web infrastructure, resulting in savings totaling millions of dollars across hardware, software, licensing and power, decreasing time-to-market for internal business partners.
• Drove continuous improvement efforts between technical teams resulting in reducing the error rate from 2.91% to 1.01%.
• Dual citizenship; United States and Germany/European Union. Traveled to 45 different countries.
• Sold $15 million in professional services in 2013 and $1.2 million in 2012.
Exceptionally motivated and seasoned professional with demonstrated success devising high-level strategies and tactical implementation plans to address a range of business needs. Enabling organizations to do more with less by getting their IT teams out of the daily fire fighting mode and turning them into strategic partners with the business. Keen ability to liaise with culturally diverse colleagues and clients to facilitate consensus-building and collaboration and creating shared vision. Technically sophisticated with deep knowledge of Citrix and Wintel technologies and familiar with Mainframe, UNIX & distributed platforms. Team-oriented leader, adept at mentoring staff and developing successful performance development plans leading to highly productive teams.
Business Partnership Director @ (HIDDEN)
Translator between business needs and technology requirements. Avery Dennison is a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions. The company’s applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major market and industry. With operations in more than 50 countries, 26,000 employees worldwide and sales of $6 billion from continuing operations in 2012. Working closely with the corporate IT leadership team and Avery Dennison's largest division, the Materials Group, facilitating technical needs and process improvements across the globe.