Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Excellent inter-personal verbal & written communication coupled with full horizontal spectrum of IT skill-set.
Job Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2015
Expires On: Saturday, August 08, 2015
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months
Desired Salary: $90.90/hr
Ideal Start Date: Sunday, January 11, 2015
Work Authorization: Citizen
(LSMS), Lucent VPN Client, Junos Pulse Client, Wireless Security, IP Softphone phone switch security
- Switches: 2900, 3560, 3750, 4500 & 6500 series, Nexus 2K & 7K, Lucent Cajun P550 Gigabit Switches
- Switching Protocols: VLAN’s, Spanning Tree, Portfast, Uplinkfast, VTP, Port-channel
- Routers: Cisco 1700, 2600, 2800 3600, 7200 & 7600 series, Lucent Cajun & Access Point (AP Routers)
- Routing Protocols / Protocols: RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- WAN: Frame-relay; OC-3, OC-12, MPLS, ISDN BRI, PRI, T1, T3
- IOS Features: Network Address Translation, SNAT, Hot Standby Routing Protocol
- Security: Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, Juniper SRX, SSG & MAG series, PAN, Lucent Security Mgmt. Server
WMATA (D.C Transit Authority), Washington, D.C (04/13 – Present)
Migrate Data-Center applications from the legacy network to 4 Nexus 7018 utilizing 4 VDC’s (in each chassis) spanning
2 Data-Centers via OTV & VPC via N2K FEX modules. Support & troubleshoot network related issues as Tier IV.
Lead the Oracle Exadata/Exalogic project interconnecting the ToR Sun Switch 72P with Nexus 7018.
Deploy new Cisco 3750 / 6500E switches to accommodate rapid expansion and new site deployments.
Setup Solarwinds monitoring server & test backup configs for 2400+ Cisco devices. Configure Netflow on all ingress
& egress interfaces of all sites. Work with IT-Security team in deploying McAfee M8000 IDS/IPS Security appliance.
Red Oak Tech. / Apple, Cupertino, CA (07/12 – 04/13)
Remotely migrated Apple’s 400 plus retail stores to the new MPLS Network. Cutover consisting of a 10-hr after hours
window that includes Layer-3 and layer-2-failover testing and work in tandem with local On-Site Techs and PM.
Cutover entails creating new DHCP servers through Proteous Management platform, Cisco WLC, WCS, AP (1142)
ACS and CME (Call Manager Express), CUE (Cisco Unity Express) cutovers and Juniper SRX failover & patches.
Tested and cutover CDN (Content Delivery Network) comprised of Juniper MFC (Media Flow Controller) - Cisco
SRE (Services Ready Engine) module and Juniper VXA (hardware based) based solution. Test and troubleshoot
download speeds. Create virtual MFC in ESX host VCenter 5.0. Create new VLANs assigning to corresponding virtual
Network Host Adapters and create new IP routes through the MFC Console session.
Manually cutover all Cisco switches, Cyclades Consoles via TFTP & ensure discovery onto the InterMapper Tool.
Milestone Technologies / Facebook, Menlo Park CA (10/11 – 07/12)
Support and troubleshot Facebook’s Corporate headquarter network as well remote offices worldwide consisting of
Cisco LAN Campus, Juniper WAN & MAG series VPN, Aruba Wireless, F5, PAN Firewall, Call Manager & Unity.
Managed daily Corpnet Operations by engaging with the Production-team and the Security-team on on-need basis.
Took full owner-ship of Incidents. Escalated to third-party vendors to deliver timely resolutions.
Represented Changes in CAB meetings. Inter-act with the Security-team to ensure continuous flow of FW & VPN logs
to the Syslog server. PAN: maintained Application & Threat updates on all FWs and participated in Version Upgrade.
- Operating Systems/Applications: Win 2003 Server, Mac OS, Win 7, Unix, Microsoft Office, Visio
- BackOffice: Call Manager 8.x, Cisco Unity, PAN, Radius, ACE Server, SMS 2.0, Exchange 2003, HPSD, Remedy
- E-mail: Exchange 2003, Lotus Notes 4.6, World Secure 3.6 SMTP Relay/Mail Firewall
- Management: ASDM, Checkpoint, Netscout, Net-MRI, Cacti, Syslog, NCS, AWMS, Palo Alto Network, Websense
Accenture / Stanford Hospital, Palo Alto, CA (09/10 – 10/11)
Operations (troubleshoot day to day issues as well on-going projects) including but not limited to Cisco
ASA 5500 Series/FWSM, ACS, ACE, WCS 6.0, Aruba Airwave, VPN 3000 Concentrator, Checkpoint Smart
Console, log viewer, snoop command, F5 Load Balancer iRules, Firepass, Netscout, Cacti and Syslog.
Implement Hardware Refresh on all IDF’s by deploying Cisco 4507 switches with Layer 2 &3 functionality
replacing the 3750 Layer 2 stacks. Utilize Syslog to troubleshoot operation & implementation related issues.
Configure VRF across a shared infrastructure and shared devices between SHC & Stanford University.
Add new routes to the Pre-fix list on PE routers. Install & configure EATON UPS and PPDM’s. Follow through the
OPAS Remedy Change Management, set-up monitoring through CACTI & Update Visio network diagrams.
Theory – Fast Retailing, New York, NY (01/10 – 8/10)
Supported 38 Theory/CDC/Helmut Lang Stores network and handle day-to-day retail operations including, AD,
Call Manager 4.2, Wireless AP, Mac-Mini Music system, DVR Security, Shoppertrak, POS and SAS reporting tools.
Executed PCI Compliant issues & implemented SSH and IOS Upgrades to fix potential security holes on all
Retail Stores’ Cisco 2800 Series routers. Switched over VPN ASA 5520 connections to T1 Internet connections in order
to facilitate External PCI Scans, corrected ACLs, Enabled Websense Proxy & executed POS Patch Management.
Dimension -Data/ DHL, Scottsdale, AZ (02/07 – 11/09)
Deployed Cisco Routers & Switches for 600 plus DHL Express & Global Forwarding sites – MACD process.
Implemented circuit turn-ups and troubleshot with various carriers. Submitted Change Management
RFC – through HP Service Desk. Updated related documentation and reported project progress to the Managemt.
Configured Cisco 1700 & 2600 & 2800 Series Routers, 2900, 3550, 3560, 3750 Switches, WLC (Wireless LAN
Controller 4400), PowerDsine 6506 devices & Wireless AP (Access Point 1030 and 1242) - implemented
DHL’s NGS (Next Generation Scanners) project for all DHL Express sites.
STCI Consulting / Comsys / Con Edison, New York, NY (08/04 – 02/07)
Supported the Manhattan Electric Operations and Construction Management IT LANs’ desktop
and server (back-end) - including supporting applications such as Microstation & Projectwise.
Responsible for the Monthly and Quarterly Server Audits/Checklists, Server Migrations, consolidation &
workstation upgrades Daily Backups, Weekly Backup tape rotations for the responsible LANs.
STCI Consulting / One Source, New York, NY (04/04 – 06/04)
IP Telephony Specialist
Deployed & Provisioned Cisco 7900 IP Phones solutions throughout the Time Warner building complex
Configured Cisco 4500 and 3500 Series Catalyst Switches, AP 1200 (Access-Point) in parent/repeater mode with
encrypted authentication with the 7920’s IP Phones.
American Management Systems (AMS), Fairfax VA (07/02 – 02/04)
- Build and install new Checkpoint HA firewalls running on Secureplatform as part of the Dell to Accenture transition.
NOC Support Engineer
Monitored and troubleshot Proponix (Financial Application) rolled out at Australia & New Zealand (ANZ) and Bank of
Montreal (BMO) & Global WAN Network & Systems Infrastructure.
Inter-acted with the end-users for timely resolutions. Generated customized Business Objects Reports. Run SQL
queries into the Oracle DB for message transaction/tracking and rescheduling jobs using MQ Series servers. Performed
DB ‘dump’ imports for developers to resolve IR’s.
Quick Technology Solutions, Piscataway, NJ (05/02 – 07/02)
Project Assigned – Fleet Specialist (A subsidiary of Fleet Boston)
IIS 5.0 (Windows 2000 Advanced) Web Sever configured with direct ILX and SIAC Market Data Feeds, SQL
2000 for Market Data Query as well as Exchange 2000 & WorldSecure for email functionality.
- Design and implemented Fleet Specialist Corporate Client Extranet Infra-structure project consisting of Microsoft
network and the Internet. Setup VPN access through the Lucent Managed Firewalls utilizing an encryption card.
STCI Consulting / Pfizer, Morris Plains, NJ (02/02 – 05/02)
- Implemented strong security solutions with Lucent Managed Firewalls to guard against both ILX Market Data
Lucent Technologies, Middletown, NJ (03/00 – 02/02)
- Administered Windows NT/2000, Novell NetWare 5, MS Exchange and SMS environment.
- Provided support for Novell server including NDS database replication and synchronization.
Quality Assurance System Test Team Leader
(LSMS) Internet Security product and all models of the Brick appliance.
- Planned and tested the VPN (client-to-LAN, LAN-to-LAN) feature of Lucent Security Management Server
by analyzing the trace files as well as by remotely troubleshooting the LSMS in customers’ network.
Exenet Technologies, New York, NY (12/98 – 02/00)
- Provided ongoing 24/7 Tier IV support of the LSMS (Lucent Security Management Server)
Project Assigned - DDB Needham (Advertising Agency).
replication connectors to other sites. Setup Outlook Web Access for external access.
Project Assigned - MJ Meehan (Specialist Trading firm)
- Upgraded e-mail system from Macintosh Quick mail to Microsoft Exchange 5.5. Setup site and directory
multilink hunt group between the data center and floors.
- Implemented a new-switched Ethernet LAN utilizing Lucent Cajun P550 Gigabit Switches with a 4GB
networks and the Internet. Setup VPN access through the Lucent Managed Firewalls utilizing an encryption card.
Computer Science Corporation (JP Morgan), New York, NY. (02/98 – 12/98)
- Implemented strong security solutions with Lucent Managed Firewalls to guard against both market data
UNIX access, email clients, Internet access and productivity suite. Led the Novell 3.12 to 4.12 server migration.
Entex (Morgan Stanley), New York, NY. (08/97 –0 2/98)
Handled NT 4.0 of 500 + rollout QA by troubleshooting new and migrated applications on the NT 4.0 platform.
Westcon Services Corporation, New York, NY. (03/97 – 08/97)
- Planned and implemented NT Rollout in the Application Developers department that included O/S, developers tools,
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Instructed the following official Microsoft curriculum courses: Windows NT Server 4.0, Microsoft Exchange,
Windows NT Workstation and Administrating NT 4.0.
B.S. Business Management & Finance / Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, NY (1995)
San Francisco, CA
San Jose, CA
New York, NY
Network Engineer @ (HIDDEN)