Ruby on Rails
Job Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2015
Expires On: Tuesday, July 14, 2015
Job Type: Permanent
I have over 3 years experience in software development, mostly in web technologies. I have a passion for scalability and real-time applications. When designing solutions I typically ask myself the question "Will this still work well in 5 years"?
My degree is in Sports Management, but I am a self-taught computer geek. I've learned a ton from my experiences and plan to never stop learning more.
I'm constantly found on GitHub browsing new projects, contributing to existing projects, and even creating new ones. I try to find a statistical correlation for everything and often script it out in Python.
Technologies I love
Go (Golang), Node.js, Ruby, Objective-C (iOS), Big Data, and everything DevOps.
Node.js Projects I Have Worked On
- A TCP/socket.io server to listen and broadcast messages obtained via RFID readers
- A socket.io server to provide real-time updates for a facility reservation system
- A server that intercepts buffers from a USB barcode scanner and injects the parsed string into a web browser
- A command-line utility to manage Node.js processes leveraging Ubuntu's Upstart (******)
- My personal website built with Express (******) At my current job I have built a Node.js application to read embedded chips in golf balls and broadcast the shot to the player. I also built a Node.js application to manage the reservation and statuses of our kiosks in real-time.
Fort Worth, TX
RopeRacer is the first ever jump rope speed mobile app.