Video Game Production
Video Game Design
Job Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2015
Expires On: Friday, August 21, 2015
Job Type: Contract
I am a game design and production consultant whose accomplishments include:
● managing product development for pioneering educational software publisher EduWare Services and its line of core curriculum tutorials and intellectually-stimulating games, including the cult-classic adventure game "The Prisoner"
● co-founding Electronic Arts' first affliliated label company, serious games publisher Electric Transit, which developed 3D simulations in collaboration with NASA/JPL scientists, including "Wilderness: A Survival Adventure", named Family Computing's Adventure Game of the Year and Science 85's Top Ten Educational Software
● becoming The Walt Disney Company's first video game producer, and producing Capcom's "DuckTales" for NES and Disney's "DuckTales: The Quest for Gold"
● collaborating with author Harlan Ellison on the videogame adaptation of his classic short story "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream", named the Best Adventure Game of the Year by Computer Gaming World
● directing The 3DO Company's "Heroes of Might & Magic" development team for 5 years, producing 2 best-selling AAA titles and several expansions in the hit strategy game franchise
● producing "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines" for Activision
● designing and producing children's multiplayer online games, casual games and websites for Activision, Bandai America, Disney, Mattel, and Spin Master
● co-creating the Boy Scouts of America Game Design Merit Badge
● being rated the 14th ranking "Gamification Guru in Social Media" at the 2014 Gamification World Congress in Barcelona
I am also Course Director for Game Production at The Los Angeles Film School. I have spoken at the Game Developer's Conference, Social Media Week, AdPros Los Angeles, New York Film Academy, Loyola Marymount University and USC Multimedia Literacy Lab on gamification, game design and production, and virtual worlds.
Instructor, Game Production Program @ (HIDDEN)
Member of the full-time Game Production faculty and instructor in the following courses: Survey of the Video Game Industry, Game Design 1, Concept Workshop, Game PreProduction, Game Production.