Every now and then you’re going to want to boost your development team. But a lot of the time when you hire a full stack developer, you may not get a good understanding of their skills from your interview questions. Whether you’re a technical recruiter or an over-worked CTO looking to build out your team, there are interview questions you must ask to learn about their real experience. Below you’ll find my 10 must ask questions when hiring a full stack developer.
Must-Ask Interview Questions for Full Stack Developers
- Describe a virtual method table
- What is the difference between 3 tier architecture and 3 layer architecture
- What is REST?
- What is aspect-oriented programming?
- What is CORS, JSONP?
- Identify SQL join types
- What different kind of methods are available to scale a database?
- What is map reduce?
- What is the difference between thread and process?
- What’s the difference between Multithreading vs select?
The above interview questions will help you gain a good understanding of the skills and experience of your prospective developer. Remember, making the decision to hire is already a big commitment, the worst thing you can do is get it wrong. Make sure to carefully evaluate the skills of your talent and also take some time to learn about their cultural fit.
Making the wrong decision can have a negative impact on the development of your software/applications, as well as team morale. If you’d like to learn more about how to make cost-effective hiring decisions, then download your free copy of our Recruiting Metrics and Cost Calculators here.